Tax Center FAQs

Here are a few commonly asked questions about taxes.

How do I properly complete IRS Form W-9?

Please click here to view a video guide with step-by-step instructions on how to properly complete IRS Form W-9.

Back to Top
How can I change my withholding election?

If you need to change your federal tax withholding election for your monthly
benefit payments, complete and submit the Tax Withholding Election for Periodic Payments form.

Back to Top
What tax form will I receive?

Most people will receive an IRS Form 1099-R and possibly an IRS Form 1099-INT. Information about these forms may be found at

A Form 1099-R is the tax form used for reporting distributions from certain qualified and non-qualified annuity contracts. Distributions reported on a 1099-R generally include full terminations or lump sums, partial withdrawals or periodic payments, death benefit claim payouts, 1035 exchanges, and direct rollovers.

A Form 1099-INT is the tax form that summarizes the interest income received during the calendar year. The interest earned must be at least $10.00 during the year for you to receive this form.

If you are a non-U.S. person, you will receive an IRS Form 1042-S, which will be mailed to you in mid-March.

Back to Top
How do I read my IRS Form 1099-R tax statement?

Please click here to access a reference guide for reading your IRS Form 1099-R
tax statement.

Back to Top

Your browser appears to be out of date. Please upgrade to the latest version for the best experience of the website.