Receiving Payments FAQs

Here are a few commonly asked questions about this process.

If the first of the month is on a holiday or weekend, when should I receive my payment?

You will generally receive your payment the business day before the holiday or weekend day, except for January 1, which will arrive on the next business day after January 1. This is because the payment must be received in the new calendar year for tax reporting purposes. For a calendar of upcoming monthly check mail dates, please click here.

Back to Top
I haven’t received my check. What should I do?

If you haven’t received your check by the eighth day of the month, please call us at 1-800-624-5155 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern Time.

Back to Top
How do I change my tax withholding election?

Simply complete and submit the Tax Withholding Election for Periodic Payments form.

Back to Top
Can I get advice about tax withholding?

You should consult with a qualified tax professional who can help advise you on your personal situation.

Back to Top
How do I add a Power of Attorney (POA) document to my record?

Please send us a cover letter with instructions along with the complete POA paperwork stating that the listed attorney-in-fact is able to act on your behalf for your annuity benefit. We will review the documentation and send you a letter either confirming or denying your request. If your request is denied, we will provide in the letter steps you may take to gain approval. Click here for our mailing address.

You may also click here to submit the Third Party Authorization form. However, this form only authorizes another person or entity to receive documents and information related to your benefit.

Back to Top

Your browser appears to be out of date. Please upgrade to the latest version for the best experience of the website.